Special Exceptions. Special Exceptions. 

The following land use shall be allowed if granted a special exception by the Zoning Board of Adjustment:

  • MOBILE HOMES. The Zoning Board of Adjustment may grant a special exception for a mobile home on a lot on which a single-family residential structure exists if the following conditions are met:
    • The mobile home shall be occupied only as the usual residence of the immediate family, including grandparents, parents and children of the owner and/or spouse of the primary single-family residential structure on the lot; and the lot shall be at least one (1) acre if served by municipal water and sewerage and at least two (2) acres in all other cases or the mobile home shall be occupied as the usual residence of a full-time agricultural employee and his immediate family and the single-family residence shall be part of an owner-operated farm of twenty-five acres or more.
    • The special exception shall terminate on a change of ownership or occupancy of either the mobile home or the primary residential structure.
    • A permit shall be obtained from the Selectmen or their agent, which shall be renewed yearly to ensure compliance with the above conditions.
  • HELICOPTERS. A special exception may be granted for helicopter operations for construction and survey work, where no other practical method is available to do the work, and for special events such as: the visit of a dignitary, recreational events such as, ski, tennis, equine or golf events, or some other events of short term nature. No approval for a special exception shall be granted unless the ZBA makes a finding that the helicopter use will not constitute a nuisance or hazard to Town residents and their property.
Special Exceptions. 

part number